♔hablemos ☎︎de ♪☆✏︎ libros ★ música♬♪ cine ☆ arte ❤y más❀: MY OWN PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE


jueves, 21 de julio de 2011

MY OWN PHILOSOPHY OF LIFE

☾✿Lean on the past★ live the present ♥projecting the future✿☾

Rene Descartes: 'I think therefore I am'

Thus, because our senses sometimes deceive us, I would suppose that nothing is such as they make us to imagine it; and because I was as likely to err as another in reasoning, I rejected as false all the reasons which I had formerly accepted as demonstrative; and finally, considering that all the thoughts we have when awake can come to us also when we sleep without any of them being true, I resolved to feign that everything which had ever entered my mind was no more truth than the illusion of my dreams.  

After this, reflecting upon the fact that I doubted, and that consequently my being was not quite perfected (for I saw that to know is a greater perfection than to doubt), I bethought me to inquire whence I had learnt to think of something more perfect than myself; and it was clear to me that this must come from some nature which was in fact more perfect. For other things I could regard as dependencies of my nature if they were real, and if they were not real they might proceed from nothing--that is to say, they might exist in me by way of defect.  

No hay comentarios: